What is a maintenance emergency?
A maintenance emergency is one that is dangerous, threatens the habitability of the home, or could cause damage to the property. If you have a maintenance emergency, please call our emergency line at 715-552-1818 Ext. 7.
- Fire Call 911 immediately, then contact us
- Gas Leak If you smell gas, please exit the home and immediately call the fire department. Once the home is safe, please contact us.
- Lack of Heat (only if it poses a documented health risk)
- Lack of Air Conditioning (only if it poses a documented health risk)
- Heavy Structural Damage (roof, foundation, or walls)
- Plumbing (flooding or breakdown of fixtures)
Tenant Maintenance Responsibilities
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector: Checking and changing batteries
- Appliances: Clean exterior and interior, vacuum refrigerator coils if applicable, clean oven, clean dryer lint trap, keep dryer exhaust vent clear, leave front-load washer open to avoid mildew
- Plumbing: Fix minor toilet or drain clogs and provide regular cleaning
- Heating & Air Conditioning: Change air filters monthly, replace thermostat batteries (if applicable) and keep air vents clean and free from obstruction.
- Light Fixtures: Replace light bulbs when needed
- Pest Control: Regular pest control for common pests such as ants, spiders, and small rodents
- Regular cleaning of the rental unit
- Exterior maintenance as outlined in your lease
- Keep exterior free of garbage, pet waste, and personal property
Non-Emergency Landlord Maintenance Responsibilities
Please report any maintenance needs to Eau Claire Realty via the online portal or by calling the office.
- Smoke and Carbon Monoxide Detector: Repairing or replacing malfunctioning units
- Appliances: Repairing or replacing malfunctioning units
- Plumbing: Major drain clogs, plumbing leaks, plumbing hardware, and water heater issues
- Heating & Air Conditioning: Repairing or replacing malfunctioning units
- Light Fixtures: Repairing or replacing malfunctioning units
- Interior: structural issues
- Pest Control: Large rodents, bee hives, wasp nests, birds, or common area pests
- Exterior: safety hazards, maintenance issues, or other problems
What if my power goes out?
In case of power outage, contact your electrical service provider about the outage. If the outage is not due to the service provider, contact the property manager.
What if I lock myself out?
If you lock yourself out of your rental property you may call a locksmith at your expense or call the landlord and there will be a $50 service charge due at the time you are let in.
How soon can I expect maintenance?
Depending upon the severity of the need and the timing of the issue, the property manager maintenance response time may vary. Non-essential services will be repaired as soon as possible during normal business hours.